Jaipur has always had a hold on me – the warm hospitality, grandeur feel, lip-smacking cuisine, and unmatched charm. And I felt blessed when we got a chance to visit the city together for the second time, so this time we decided to go a little offbeat and include different experiences in the itinerary.
One experience that most people hardly associate with holidaying in Jaipur is Glamping. Yes, there is a thing called glamping and it exists in Jaipur too. If you are planning on heading to Jaipur over a short weekend, you just have to book yourselves a stay at the Lebua Lodge Amer, for its exciting and luxurious camping experience.
All those seeking perfect glam camping experience in Jaipur must put Lebua Lodge high on their list. With striking futurist tents and canvas cubes against the showcase of rocky hills – Lebua Lodge assures a memorable experience.
It’s about 4½ hour drive away from Delhi and 5½ hour drive from Jodhpur. Travelers who desire something off the grid and yet remains truthful to the Indian roots, Lebua is just ideal for them.
- Huge bay windows with a high roof as well as light filtering curtains.
- Ideal for cycling, walking, gawking at peacocks on the boundary walls of the lodge.
- Wake up to the most melodious sounds of the birds – something I crave for while staying in a metro city.
- Utmost comfortable guaranteed with all modern amenities and facilities.
- Minibar and tea coffee maker provided.
- I fell in love with the bathroom – it was difficult to come out of the bathtub and get ready the next morning. 🙂 Oodles of luxury!
- The outdoor area extending towards the luxury tent is gorgeous – just I was little scared in the night when a cat came to play over. And I fear cats since the day it bit me last year, I do not prefer to play with them anymore (grumpy me!). So, I got inside the luxury tent in night while Harsh preferred to stay outside.
- Amber Fort and Nahargarh Fort were just about 10 minutes’ drive away from the lodge. Due to this motivation we went for Sound and Light Show at Amber in night.
- You need to be a bit cautious when getting back in the night from the city to Lebua Lodge at Amer Jaipur as the 1km stretch leading to the lodge is nothing but dense forest and it can get a little overwhelming. So be prepared for that in advance.
- We were able to book this resort for 2500INR | 38USD per night! YAY ! Otherwise the costs can shoot upto 5500INR | 82USD during the season time.
Checking into Lebua Lodge
Upon arrival, we were greeted warmly at the reception room with a welcome drink (apple juice). The entry gate was grand and so was the reception. Everything looks super quiet and magical the minute you step into Lebua Lodge at Amer Jaipur.
We couldn’t find many people around – it felt like we had the entire place to ourselves. We were handed out our keys immediately on arrival and subsequently escorted to the lodge.
What to Do: Absolutely Nothing… Or May be?
This one is for those travelers who want to take their time to enjoy where they are, sit back, relax, and take moments to appreciate life. There are a few activities organized for free by the luxury resort, which includes camel riding and cycling.
It was fun riding bicycles in the evening and interacting one-to-one with the camel, Babloo. Yes, you can see our pictures petting the camel. Of course we did not ride the camel as we do not support the activity. Be a responsible traveler!
You can also use your time to explore Jaipur and discover its various attractions the next day. Star gazing from the outdoor seats is perhaps most recommended to unwind from your busy lives.
We just cannot fault the tents, hospitality, and facilities at the Lebua Lodge at Amer Jaipur. Since returning home, we’ve suggested a lot of our friends to plan a glamping weekend trip to this gorgeous property.
You can book a Luxury Tent here for 82USD per night twin share basis.
Have you ever got accommodation in a tent that was way too convenient and luxurious to not recommend? Do let us know.
If you have made it till the end of the post, do check our video experience of being at Lebua:
Wish to explore India? Read all our articles on India travels (opens in new window)