We are the couple traveling the world hand in hand. Nothing like it! When we had initially started traveling together never had we thought that 3 years later, we would enjoy it so much that it would become more of a profession for us.
Today, I would love to share a few good things about traveling together as a couple. From my own experience, I can vouch for the fact that couple travel is the most amazing thing, two married people can do!
No Fights Over Petty Stuff
After many years of dating and 3 years of marital bliss, I can say that traveling has significantly changed the two of us. I remember the first time we traveled together to Ibiza for our honeymoon, we were literally yelling at each other for every little mistake we made (and mind you we made lots of them). It was like a new adventure for both of us. But once we started to adjust to the new equation of living with each other 24×7, we started appreciating each other more.
We understood that situations, outside traveling, can get little chaotic as well. As life is all about ups and downs, we clasp each other tightly through thick and thin and try to make the most of our experiences. Traveling taught us patience.
We don’t sweat the small stuff now! Instead give each other space even while traveling and respect each other’s travel styles.
(Suggested Read: Amazing Ways To Make Your Life More Like A Vacation)
Keeps The Relationship Fresh And Lively
Being a couple traveling the world together, exploring new destinations and seeing unique places together is so so so gratifying! You have someone by your side, with whom you can share your passion and tell how happy it makes you.
After a few days or months of being at home, when we tend to get wearisome of the same routine, it is only traveling that comes as a whiff of fresh air!
We look forward to our travel days and count seconds for them to finally arrive. So, once Harsh gets back home after a laborious day at work, it is my sweet banter like ‘how many days left’ – that gives him a reason to smile.
A Reason To Laugh At The Same Things
I don’t know how but traveling does build a common sense of humor of a couple. As a couple, we both have learned to laugh about the same things and make the most of everything. Even if things go a little haywire during our travels (and it happens frequently to us), we know how to laugh it off and give reassurance to each other.
Matches Up Chemistry
Slowly and steadily, we have started to appreciate each other’s tastes and liking.
Of course we are different individuals with different travel tastes. While Harsh likes long drives and partying, I am more of a beach person. So some months are reserved for tropical locations while others for crazy nightlife destinations.
Traveling couples have a certain chemistry in their relationship which I guess deepens with years passing by. I have become immune to Harsh’s sarcastic bantering with time and he has become used to my often irresponsible nature.
I keep leaving stuff behind during our travels (because I leave it all to him) and he remains the peculiar planner keeping track of our belongings. At the end he knows he has to check our hotel rooms every time we check-out as he cannot take risks with me. So, I am never an incharge of packing our bags, especially camera bag or for that matter unpacking stuff. And I’m glad to surrender. Well that’s our chemistry.
More Life Lessons
- As a couple traveling the world together we have realized that how much planning we both might do, we always end up exploring places spontaneously. On our recent visit to Switzerland we had decided to stick to our plan and explore just a few places near our Airbnb. We ended up visiting Zermatt, Rigi, Interlaken, Trubsee, Zurich, and Schilthorn. So now you know our travel style?
- Not just self-discovery, planning romantic vacations together can help you discover your partner’s strengths, weaknesses, liking, tastes, and interests, which is quite healthy in the long run of a relationship.
- Understanding surely goes a notch higher and patience level increases.
- With traveling comes a better understanding as two people get a chance to indulge in better communication. Really long, valuable talks that start on a common topic often end up going on till wee morning hours sitting in front of a gorgeous landscape and you don’t even realize how gorgeous everything is.
- The spark of romance never dies down and the relationship remains healthy.
Traveling is a pretty incredible journey on its own, but what’s way better than jetting off alone is traveling each every place with the one you love by your side. If you are itching to ditch the ordinary lifestyle and go for thrilling expeditions just grab your partner and don’t delay it for anyone! And in case you need more convincing, have a look at more travel tips, here.
If you have anything to add to this, we’d love to hear. Just leave a comment below.