The next time you are planning a trip to Mussoorie, ditch the 5-star hotels and resorts, for a stay amidst the wilderness.
Book yourself a stay at the Sal Woods Forest Retreat & Spa, nestled in the gorgeous Doon Valley! Located amidst the misty valleys, it is one of the most gorgeous and offbeat hotels in Mussoorie (precisely Dehradun).
The sprawling oasis of exotically diverse flora and fauna, Sal Woods boasts of an atmosphere that is inimitably Asian. It is stunningly located beneath the canopy of Sal forests wherein you can immerse in the serenity of unbroken silence while enjoying the unbeatable Himalayan views.
A heartwarming Ganesha life-size idol greets visitors at the reception. The first thought to cross my mind was – so secluded – aah bliss!! There are Sal trees at every corner of the tastefully done retreat. All the wooden decks and terraces along the winding alleys look just perfect, complementing the aura of the resort set in harmony, offering unbeatable views of the queen of the hills – Mussoorie.
All the wooden decks and terraces along the winding alleys look just perfect, complementing the aura of the resort set in harmony, offering unbeatable views of the queen of the hills – Mussoorie.
But that’s not all. The major highlight of The Sal Woods that sets it apart from other hotels in Mussoorie and Dehradun is the gorgeous gazebos, perfect for chilling with your friends or partners while admiring the beauty of majestic Himalayas.
We couldn’t resist the charming setup and found ourselves inside the gazebos every half an hour!
The rooms were pretty basic though they could have been spacious. Even the bathrooms were nothing extraordinary. What I liked about the rooms was its cute balcony overlooking the Himalayas – sheer beauty!
Meanwhile, The Sal Woods swimming pool is also amazing – large and overlooking the stunning valleys. You can indulge in an array of outdoor activities to unwind and make the most of your time. There’s plenty you can do – indulge in activities like tree climbing, mountain biking, crossing Burma bridge, rock climbing, archery, etc.
More About The Sal Woods
- The Sal Woods is just 22km from the famed Mall Road of Mussoorie. So it makes for a central point for tourists who wish to explore the city while staying away from the hustle-bustle.
- The Gorgeous retreat is spread over an area of 4 acres and there are two ways taking you up there. Caution: You need to follow the sign boards to get up till there as GPS can take you through a shorter (highly scary) but tedious path, which can leave you irritated!
- Sal Woods is located in a charming, secluded corner, far away from the touristy hustle-bustle of Mussoorie.
- It is a 4 star resort and prices start at 5000INR/night (75USD).
- Make sure you book a stay way ahead of time if you are visiting Mussoorie during summers as it can get occupied soon.
- The gazebos sitting atop the swimming pool should be reserved soon as then you can have group fun over there.
We highly recommend a stay in this retreat if you are planning a trip to Mussoorie or Dehradun as both are a short drive away. You won’t be disappointed!