We are happy to announce Wanderers Hub has won its first Liebster Award!!
Many thanks to Meg Marie from Adventures of Fox in the Forest for the Liebster Award nomination. She is an adventure enthusiast who has entered her 30s recently and has hundreds of hiking miles under her belt.
MY ANSWERS TO MEG’S QUESTIONS
- What inspires you the most to get out and explore?
For us, traveling is the only way to achieve balance in life. The anticipation of the day of travel, the thrill of packing our luggage and the charm of getting our passports stamped keep us going. Even before a trip is over, we already have the next one planned. The guarantee of assorted memories that we’ll collect at the end makes us happy – to be able to meet different people living their lives in bajillion different ways is what provides us the push factor to get out and explore. So if at anytime we feel that we are lacking in passion or contemplation, we book a getaway to find time to relax.
We also feel that our parents inspire us to travel. They’ve spent major part of their lives fending our needs, which left them with no time to travel. So, they want us to travel and see beyond the usual stuff.
2. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your life what dish would it be?
If I have an option to eat just one dish for the rest of my life, I’d pick Masala Dosa. For Harsh, it has to be pizza.
3. What’s your favorite season and why?
I love all the seasons but my favourite is autumn. I kind of love the fallen leaves and wind a lil more!
4. You’re in the most beautiful scenery you’ve ever seen – describe it for us then tell us where it’s at.
The most breathtaking views I have ever seen have to be the ones in Maldives, which we experienced last year. We used to sit in the porch area of our water villas and look down at the water where all the fishes swam merrily. And the blue skyline and complementary green scenery totally made me fall in love with the tropical island.
5. What was a time when you missed home the most?
Home is where the heart is. And my heart lies in traveling. So, whichever place I am traveling to is like a home to me, and I wish never have to go back to my full-time home ever!
6. What is your dream destination?
Honestly, there are so many! But one destination which definitely looks like a dream as of now is Fiji. When I think of Fiji, all I think about is intensely romantic atmosphere, gorgeous colours igniting the sky during sunsets, candlelit dinners next to gushing waterfalls, and brilliant blue waters. Ah, so so so romantic…I am dreaming already! 😉
7. Sunsets or sunrises? Why?
“Keep looking up! I learn from the past, dream about the future and look up. There’s nothing like a beautiful sunset to end a healthy day” – Rachel Boston
Sunsets… sunsets… sunsets… The answer is pretty straightforward, I am too lazy to wake up in the morning to catch the beautiful sunrise.
8. What has been your most embarrassing moment or mishap on the road, trail, or traveling?
I get embarrassed thinking about our Tiger’s Nest trek every time. It has to be the most crazily amazing but at the same time the most embarrassing memory for us. Least prepared we got onto the trek, being so confident that nothing can go wrong, and rain played the perfect spoilsport for us. We couldn’t descend down the steep trail without slipping every five minutes, to be only rescued by the local Bhutanese people who were more than happy to help us get down in one piece.
9. If you could give one piece of advice to someone just starting out as a traveler or an outdoors enthusiast what would it be?
Think wisely! Once bitten by travel bug then there’s no looking back. So even if you don’t have enough cash in the pocket and still your heart craves for a trip, you can never say no it. It’s so hard! Jokes aside… Just stay safe and plan all your trips wisely! It’s good to follow your instincts but it’s better to be aware about the destination you are traveling to. Socialise with other travel bloggers and learn from their experiences. You’ll never regret!
10. What are your plans for 2017?
Life is too short to not follow your heart’s desires and do what you love! We are kickstarting our travels with a trip to Dharamshala in the end of Jan, only to be followed by a Feb trip to Bali. And coming months are going to be more and more exciting!
Congrats! You Are Nominated for Liebster Award!
FOR MY NOMINEES, HERE’S MY 10 QUESTIONS
1. Describe the moment you fell in love with travelling…
2. What is the best food item / dish you have tried, and where was it?
3. What made you take up travel blogging?
4. What do you hope to accomplish within the next 1-5 years?
5. What is the one useful travel tip you always share with new travelers?
6. What is your favorite travel experience so far?
7. Mountains or beaches?
8. Narrate the worst experience that happened to you when traveling?
9. Your favorite movie or book about travel
10. What was your first foreign (or domestic if you haven’t been foreign) travel experience?
Happy Travels!! 🙂